Friday, June 11, 2010

Broken Fall


We can go through this life in many ways. Some of us are more cautious -- watching and observing and checking things out before jumping in. Some of us jump first and then check things out later. Some of us are somewhere on a scale that ranges from one end to the other. But no matter what, we're all trying to figure our way through without the benefit of previous experience. There are no "do overs." It's just this one life that we are falling through. Maybe a little like Alice in Wonderland when she falls into the hole under the big tree. We don't really know what's coming at us or when we might land or where. For me, that fall is sometimes scary, sometimes exciting, sometimes confusing, and sometimes painful. The only thing that can break my fall is God. God's saving grace is what breaks my fall through this otherwise crazy world, and keeps me from crashing. God is always at work in my life, but often I don't remember to look for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment