Friday, July 9, 2010

What does it all mean?

This video was posted by a classmate of mine (thanks Tracy!). While it is playing, it made me want to say "WOW!" The facts in it are truly mind-boggling. But the final question was the best: "So what does it all mean?" The amount of information, the speed of change, the number of people....the facts can overwhelm. But really the question is the one that finished the video about what it all means. And even more important is where is God in all of this? I know our professor, Mary, has asked us that question, and I have asked it previously in this blog. I don't have any big insight into this video, but I wanted to link it on my blog for future use. Loved it.

3 comments:

  1. It is an amazing thing to ponder....what does it mean? Where is God in all this? And how can the church possibly think they can escape technology? The picture that haunts me is the use of "look what happened to the newspaper/magazine business that were to slow in figuring out how to use technology. I'd like to think that the church will not cling to the past and end up going the ways of the "scribes."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think I lost my post so here it goes again: This new environment is moving so fast that no one ins taking time to listen to what God might be trying to tell us. What is clear to me is that the Devil is using the new technology and has been my summer theme. This has prompted some great conversations after church services, yet no one really seems to have any answers. Again, no one really seems to have time to take time to listen. This is most likely not just part of the internet but relates to a larger problem. I will sate now, "I believe that the class and everyone in it has taken the time and have provided some great insight into what God might be up to." The journey is not over for us, I hope. So I guess we need to just keep asking ourselves, "How is God using this new technology and where do I fit in?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great question to the video and you are right by asking where is God in all this? God is throughout. The church has to think of the technology, how it will be used and the direction that they are going. While some churches have taken off and have large technology budgets there are many churches still behind and they don't even have the basics. At the Science Museum, the first scribe of the bible is on display. Makes you wonder how they will show these things in the future. So where is God and what direction does He want us to go?

    ReplyDelete