Saturday, July 24, 2010

Drop into the depths with God



No one descends with God and comes up the same. God moves forward and drags those of us too stupid and too courageous along. Because it takes that magical and mystical blend of sheer stupidity and sheer courage to drop into the depths with God. ~ Dirty Sexy Ministry blog

I just finished reading The Bread of Angels by Stephanie Saldana. Truly, it showed me how amazing it can be if we just listen to God. Stephanie traveled deep into her doubt and did exactly what this quote from the blog says -- she dropped into the depths with God. Short of traveling to Syria and spending time in a desert monastery, I keep dreaming about how that time with God can become a reality for me. Are there other women in my life who are searching for this kind of depth of spirituality like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment