Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fund Raising Auction for Chris Cowan

I'm finally getting around to holding our auction for the altar-hanging that Chris Cowan, Heather Bogacz and I created during worship class this summer. The medium is acrylic and the paper is giant 2 sticky notes (we are resourceful!). You can bid by posting a comment to this blog. Bidding will remain open until August 8 at midnight (just like online class deadlines!) This is firm. I will take the last bid posted before midnight. Don't even try to post at 12:01 am on August 9!!!! All the funds will go to support Chris Cowan as she serves as an EAPPI through the Church World Service. The winning bidder can make their payment directly to Chris using the instructions on her blog.
Shipping for the auction will be on me. Thanks for bidding!

To follow Chris as she prepares to be an EAPPI in Palestine and to follow her during her time there, read her blog and spread the word!

8 comments:

  1. Dude, I am so gonna post a big, big bid at 12:01 on Aug. 9!!! PROCRASTINATION ROCKS!!! Love ya, Sarah, but I can’t live by your rules, man!

    I bid 10 bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bid $21.50. My plan is to turn around and sell it on ebay for MILLLLLLLIONS (picture me saying that while I put my pinky finger up to my lip). Then with the millions I will give half to Chris so she can save the world and half to Luther Sem. so they can name a parking lot after me. My bid...$21.50

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny, Sturgie!! Sarah, thanks for getting this ball rolling, and to everyone for their support!
    chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, Sturgie, just sayin' I'm not looking for the "save the world" position; it's my understanding, thankfully, that that position is already taken by Someone Else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In honor of Chris out-funnying Sturgie, I bid $25.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Fun- Sarah, thanks for putting this up!

    Sturgie- I think your name would be a great parking lot. Someday, that will be the location for the Worship Class Easter Vigil.

    I bid $35.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! Go Amanda!!! Raising money for a great cause -- Chris C!!! We love her!

    ReplyDelete